Shopping District Update (SMP)
Introducing the new shopping district and shopping system to our SMP!
We're using a plugin called ChestShop. It's a vanilla-friendly way to automate the shopping process, improving our players' experiences on the SMP!
Buying or Selling
Shops can be setup using signs. The buyer can either right-click to buy the item and its quantity that is listed, or can left-click to sell the item listed to the shop owner. When selling, depending on how the shop owner configures their sign/shop, the sell price will typically be lower than the buy price.
Creating A Shop
- Place a chest/trapped chest/barrel.
- Place a sign 1 block away from the chest or on the chest.
- On the sign, write:
- Leave the first line empty. It will be automatically filled with your name.
- The second line is the amount of items to buy or sell
- The third line is a combination of buy and sell prices. You need to have a price indicator (like 'B' - price that will apply to items BOUGHT by PLAYERS - or 'S' - the SELL price) near the price - the prices are separated by a colon :
- Some of the possible price combinations: "B 5:5 S", "B 5", "S free".
The forth line will hold the id/name of the item. Write ? on the sign and the item will be autofilled with the one from the chest or you can click on the sign with the item afterwards.
Optionally you can put the actual name of the item on the forth line. You can find out the name of the item that you're holding by running /iteminfo.
A person can buy 64 diamonds for 10 dollars and sell them back for 5 dollars from Phoenix616
| Credit and thanks to Phoenix616, the plugin author, for writing this guide. It has been edited slightly.
The brand new shopping district is located near spawn, at around -7421 63 -2652! It is in the plains biome next to spawn, just across the river. At the moment, it has not been fully built up and established. However, once shops start being built, it should begin to take shape!
1. Do not grief any parts of the new shopping district - Even if no player has built there, it is a part of our shopping district so must not be griefed. For example, do not intentionally let creepers blow up land/shops. Please use common sense for this.
2. All shops must be built within the general shopping district area.
3. All shops must try and fit with a specific theme, ideally the theme of the item being sold, or a universal shopping district theme (such as a rustic style for instance).
4. Please respect other people's shops.
5. Please do not make your shop too large. The maximum size of a shop is 14X14 blocks.
6. Wherever possible, please do not make a monopoly.
Huge thanks to Phoenix616, the author of this plugin! We hope you enjoy the new shopping district!
Last edited: 5 months ago